Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Update on the Update 5/26

 I decided to go to work yesterday. I found out with my dad's last few surgery's that whoever says surgery will be at 10:00 am that they mean 4:00 PM.  I told every nurse, doctor, lab tech that I could find to call me 30 min prior to surgery. Especially, if he is going under general anesthesia.

Yesterday morning my phone started ringing.

9:30 am - "A"  doctor calls me to tell me they are not doing surgery
9:45 am - my brother in law calls to say they will be doing  surgery 11:00
10:00 am - Orthopedic Doctor calls to say they are not doing surgery. The wound has stopped bleeding and they don't want to mess with it.
11:00 "A" doctor calls to see if Orthopedic Doctor called me.
11:30 My brother in law calls me to tell me they are sending dad home around 3:00 pm. 
I left work at 1:45
I Had dad home and settled in by 3 pm.