Saturday, February 5, 2011

Your In My Heart, Your In My Soul

Here is the the history of valentines day from the history channels point of view, if you care to read it.
The history channel says "in addition to the United States, Valentine's Day is celebrated in Canada, Mexico, the United Kingdom, France, and Australia."

Women seem to have this high expectation that her man will give her gifts and treat her romantically, and men feel pressured to give gifts and act romantic when they don't want to. I have heard men say "I am nice to her all year around." I have listen to women complain that their man thinks that fixing the toilet seat is the same as giving a gift. Many people I know want to run away and hide until Valentines day is over.  There is just so much pressure.

Single people wishing they had a relationship tell me they turn off the tv, stop going to the store, don't listen to the radio for the month of February. One lady told me the other day she wants to hide out in a cave until March. Single people wish they had a relationship. Some people in a relationship wish they were not in a relationship, or at the very least a different one. Some people are divorcing or have just broken up. Valentine's day is pure torturer.

There is a song by the old rock group 3 Dog Night called "One." The song lyrics say one can be the loneliest number that you ever knew, two can be as bad as one, it's the loneliest number since the number one.

I will never forget one day I was at 7 11. It was Valentines day. The lady in front of me was buying a pack of cigarettes for her loved one. The lady looked rough around the edges. She turned to me and said, this is what I am giving my boyfriend for Valentines day, I doubt if I will get anything, not even a pack of cigarettes from him.

Women give there hearts, their body's, their minds, their money, time, you fill in the blank ___.  They put up with all kinds of BS. Stupid women give and give hoping for a little love in return. Most of the time not getting it. According to the History channel 85 % of the Valentine day cards are bought by women.

On a sunnyer note: 
Do you know what your love language is? I think Love Language is the best Christian self help book ever written. My gig a low's love language is works, so if I clean the house, take out the garbage and make onion dip he will be a very happy camper ( I am keeping this  G rated.) For me my love language is gifts. I love to get gifts. In my mind when someone gives you a gift, they are thinking of you. Here is an example. Today my gig a low gave me 2 quarters for my collection (state quarters.) That made me very happy, because my gig a low:

#1 had to think of me
#2 Know that I collect quarters
#3 give them to me

I know that sounds elementary, but that thought process combined with action is my love language.

My gig a low and I decided a long time ago not to go out to eat during valentines day. The restaurants jack up the prices and rip you off. We also agreed not to give cards to each other because you just throw them away and that seems like a waste of money. I have to say my gig a low used to give me the most thoughtful cards. 

This year I am going to TRY to make broth fondue for Valentine dinner.  I am a little scared as I have never made a broth fondue before. I will let you know how it turns out. 

Here is one thing I know for sure, God said he will "never leave us or forsake us." He will stand by us on Valentines day, if my broth fondue turns out funky, no matter what we can always count on our relationship with the Lord. 

No comments: