Friday, September 3, 2010

Update 9/3

Shorty called to tell me her day was very stressful. She said if you could only use one word to describe her day, she said it would be chaos. . The rest of Shorty's story has been censored.  I can't tell you everything she said because BIG BROTHER is looking on the internet. My day was perfect. Not only that I got to spend my lunch break with Malinda.

You know Dehlia said something to me the other day that has been weighing heavy on my mind. She said she was surprised at my reaction with the guy at the liquor store. Unfortunately, I still have a human nature. Human nature is not kind and gentle.

For me I harden my heart when I was young. Let me put it this way, you can take the tiger out of the jungle but you can't take the jungle out of the tiger.

Take a look at little ones who want the same toy. They will grab it from one another. Why do they do that? Is it the environment? or is it something born in us?

I think we are all born with a little jungle, then life happens. For some of us the jungle turns into a dense overgrown forest that is out of control.

The good news is we can tame the jungle
(When I say tame, I do not mean burn down or kill the jungle. What I mean is to make it a thriving, growing, nurturing place. ) with some work and spirituality.  

For me, at that moment in time, there at the liquor store, I slipped back into my old ways. It can happen to anyone, Christian or not. I went right back to my jungle where my fight or flight instinct kicked in.

This was a good wake up call for me that I need to be vigilant, and meditate on Gods word.

"if we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us, If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" 1 John 1:8:9

I have asked God to forgive me for acting a fool. Now I need to stop beating myself up.

1 comment:

Lila said...

Great post Kristi. what an awesome analogy. Are you speaking at any conferences in the near future? You're becoming my favorite Christian speaker. Move over Joyce Meyer, KCpepperjack, comin' through!!!