Saturday, October 9, 2010

Poor in Spirit

Now when he saw the crowds, he went up on a mountainside and sat down. His disciples came to him, and he began to teach them saying: Blessed (happy) are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 

I can understand why Jesus would want to get away from the crowds.  It seems like my life is so busy. I am not complaining, I like it that way. Sometimes I have to stop, and get away, and it is even better if I can do that with some close friends. 

I love going to the mountains. I love looking out at night and seeing all the lights from the cities below flickering like candles. I love it when you wake up in the morning and your above the fog. The fog looks like a big white fluffy blanket.  I love the chill in the air.  

God never said this life was going to be easy or pain free. Where did people get the idea that Christians are perfect, they never cuss, drive to fast , yell at their kids or have a bad day at work. We have the same struggles as everyone else. This scripture is a promise to me that no matter how bad things now, better things are to come.




No comments: