Monday, October 11, 2010

Weak

Blessed( happy) are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. 

"Meekness toward God is that disposition of spirit in which we accept His dealings with us as good, and therefore without disputing or resisting. In the OT, the meek are those wholly relying on God rather than their own strength to defend against injustice." Blue Letter Bible

In the Greek meek does not mean weak. It means mildness of disposition, gentleness of spirit. It  may surprise some of you but I have a very strong personality. A little mildness of disposition would not hurt. It does not say meek = doormat. 

Meek is hard for me. I have dyslexia. Do I except how my brain works. No. Do I get mad at God because I can't spell or do math. Yes. Do I want God to heal me and get rid of this thorn in my side called Dyslexia, yes. Do I dispute and resist my dyslexia every time I try to spell a word, do a math problem, think about getting a new job so on. Yes.  If I believe the bible to be true, God made me this way on purpose.

Some people may say I am wallowing in self pity. Those people have never walked a mile in my shoes. People tell me all the time, I have dyslexia, I can't spell. I am hear to tell most of you, you do not have dyslexia. Not only that if I was wallowing in self pity I would never had gotten this far, getting 2 AA's and a certificate of completion :p

I always think if I could read well, spell and do math my life would be so much easier. Maybe not, I don't know.

Has God put many people in my life to help me cope with Dyslexia? Yes. Thank you to those who love, accept and help me along the way. Thank you God for bringing these people in my life.
As far as gentleness of spirit I think of three people, My sweet friend, Malinda and MaMa Jane. They are not in anyway, shape or form rough around the edges. I am sure gentleness of spirit comes with its own set of problems.

Maybe if I except my dyslexia and convince myself it is great having your brain malfunction it will go away!

1 comment:

kayakerswife said...

Ahh, Iam honored to be one of those three.