Monday, April 26, 2010

Update on Oleander Girl (that would be me)


So when I got up this morning and looked in the mirror, I was shocked to see my boob was red and purple. Not just a little bruise, I am talking monster bruise. In a way I was kind of proud of it. As if it was a battle scar  (Yes, indeed I battled the Oleander bush and it won)


So I went to work and asked my co-workers (only the women) if they wanted to see my boob. hehehe. Of course they did.  Everyone I showed gasped. The bruise is ugly. I boasted how I landed on my feet the first time- like a cat and how the Oleander bush saved me the second time. One of my co-workers said my gig a low must of beat me. Then they started saying it was the biggest hickey ever. I had to tease Malinda and tell her her chest would not of got caught between the break and the handle bars. She's said that is because her girls are perkie. Miss sunshine agreed that she would of ended up like me, battered.

When I was done with work, I met up with Sheryl.She is my mentor in many ways. This time she is my bike mentor.  We went on a 10 mile bike ride. We went on the trail by my old house. I think I have said it before, but I feel safe around Sheryl.. We talked about quilting, men, food and a bunch of other things.

After talking all day to people about bicycle accidents, I am finding out that it is common. I have a very dear friend who was in a very bad bicycle accident. I have not asked her if it is ok to talk about so I will not. Someone else told me they fell off their bike and went down a ravine. She had to drag herself and the bike out of the ravine. I heard all kinds of stories.

When I got home and took my bra off and took a quick glance, it is worse then I thought. You can clearly see the handle bar and the bruise around it. It is about the size of a coffee can lid. I am messed up.  I showed my gig a low my bruise. He said as far as bruises go I win. Oh my. I am tired.

Thank you Phoebe for the name "Oleander Girl". I love it!

2 comments:

KARNA said...

You earned the name for sure!!! Sorry about that huge bad bruise...good thing your co-worker who looks at your cleaveage wasn't doing any extra peering that day....Glad you got back on the bike!

ChaChaneen said...

I KNOW exactly what your bruise looks like because I was bit in the b**b by a horse over 20 years. I was sore and it hurt for a week and a half. By the way, the horse walked away after I punched it. ha