Thursday, December 2, 2010

Opera Today

Proverbs 31
30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;  but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.


Did anyone watch Opera today? (That is what my gig a low calls Oprah.) The truth is I don't watch Opera that much. Not that I think she is the devil or something, I am usually busy doing something else at 4 pm.


I thought it would be good for me to ride my bike, so I watched Opera to help pass the time, as riding your bike in the house is very boring. Today subject was fleeting beauty. So Opera had 3 "older" beautiful women on stage. Cybil Shepard apparently still thinks she is the most beautiful woman on earth. She was trying to give the camera a sexy look. I had to feel sorry for her. Cybil Shepard did not look in the mirror for years.

Opera made an interesting point during the show, that super beautiful women have all their self worth wrap up in their looks, therefor ugly women age better.  That may not be enlightening to you, but it was to me.


I was most impressed with Linda Evens from the tv show Dallas. She let her hair go gray, she is not putting on a show for anyone. I had forgotten that her husband left her for a 15 year old when she was in her prime. That must of been very hard on the ego. Her beauty did not hold a man or make her happy. It did make her lots of money.


Another funny thing that Opera said is her "blond" dog gets more attention. That part is true. I have noticed that with my own dogs.

No comments: