Wednesday, April 29, 2009

What do you know about death?

Last night my aunt called me and said "you can't live without your pancreas, your dad is going to die." I explained what the Dr. said. Some people CAN live without a pancreas. They have be to on insulin injections and take oral enzymes. She repeated "you cannot live without your pancreas."I went to work this morning my boss said "your dad is going to die you know." What are people thinking when they say this kind of stuff? Do they think I am a complete idiot? Here is some things I want to tell them.

1. I worked for a hospital and hospice for 15 years. I've seen many people who I did not know very well die.
2. I watched my mother die.
3. My grandmother was living in my house when she died.
4. I said good bye and took care my stepmother before the coroner came to get her.

We never know when we are going to die. I could die before my dad. The place and time we die is up to God in my opinion. I don't know what my boss and my aunt are trying to prove or tell me. Maybe my aunt is trying to work out her own feelings??? As far as my boss, it is hard to tell what he is thinking.

I also want to say to everyone, I have a chance to spend as much time as possible with my dad NOW, while he is still here. I want to tell him I love him and that he has been a good dad. I want him to know how much I appreciate all the things he has done for me over my life time. So far, I think I have done a pretty good job of letting him know.



No comments: