Monday, February 1, 2010

CRAzY Day


Today was a CRAzY day. . As I was saying before the classroom next door has had alot of drama.. Come to find out my teacher is the union representative for the teachers at our school. He had to go into the meeting today with the staff next door. I am relieved that I am in a different union. I have to say our union representatives fight like a pit bulls. They grab on and they are not letting go. They go right for the juggler. The fight is always bloody and someone looses a limb. My teacher as the union rep is like a deer in the headlights.

Student #1 and Tiny where having issues together and separately today. Student #1 uses yelling and cussing to control. Tiny, he can't really control anything because he is Tiny. He is so cute. Today he was so mad he was kicking his backpack. He could control that! He made me laugh, I could not get stern with him at all. He brightens my day. So I got him to pick up his backpack and put it away. Miss Sunshine got out her mommy voice and told him to straighten up. Tiny did for a few minutes.

Momma's boy was moping around all day. He had his hood from his hoodie over his eyes, wondering around aimlessly in the play yard, sitting by himself. I asked him what was wrong. He said he was "agitated." I said why? He did not want to tell me. Ok. Come to find out later, student #1 told Mamma's boy that he was gay. Student #1 always picks on lower functioning kids. Typical school yard stuff.

Helmsley had a melt down in the hallway because she did not want to go to the after school program. She was screaming and crying. You know how school halls echo. The office manager came out side to see what was going on. I told the office manager not to worry, Helmsley was just having a bad day, everything was under control. As soon as Helmsley got into our classroom she calmed down. Thank God!

My teacher and student #1 ended up in the principles office.

I got a phone call from my teacher on the way home from work. My teacher said Tiny has thrown himself on the floor and was having a temper tantrum. My teacher said Tiny was going to miss the bus. So I called Malinda cause she was still at school, she had to deal with it. Sorry Malinda.

1 comment:

kayakerswife said...

Don't be sorry, it was fine. Tiny minded me instantly. I think that he thought I was there to listen to him. I walked him back to the classroom while he cried and told the horrible sad story and I understood every word.
(Yeah right) It was very sad. The teacher did a good job because of the advice we gave him Friday. I have to say I am proud of him. Did you forget to mention the very angry student first thing in the morning? Wow what a day