Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Internet Dating Criteria

I have a friend who is over 50. She has recently started internet dating. She has learned a few things along the way, so I thought it might be useful information to someone who is thinking about trying one of those internet dating services. 

Here is my friends criteria to get a date from the internet. 

1. You must have hight speed internet (unless you live someplace where that is not available.) if you have a floppy disk, don't bother. You must know how to use a cell phone and text message. If you can send a photo from your phone you get extra points.

2.  Your photo must be current. I guess it is a common practice to put photos up that are at least 10 - 15 years old. 

3. You must have all your teeth.

4. If you wear sandals with white socks - for get about it.

5. If your car does not have an air conditioner, sorry Charley !

6. You must have your own money. Don't expect my friend to pay for the check if you dine out. Splitting the bill is ok.

7. You must not be married (seriously)

8. You must be over 5 foot tall. Over 6 foot is a bonus. (my friend is 6 foot)

9. You must not have one of those bald spots that makes you look like Bozo the clown.

10. I hope you don't mind a background check, and a pervert check on Megan's Law website.

Those are her simple rules. My friend has run into all of the above situations . So now she has her check list, and weeds out the rejects much more quickly.

Miss Sunshine found a man over the internet. They got married and are now living up north. She has a housekeeper and a gardner. They skyped for a year before they got married. Mr. and Mrs. Sunshine are now living happily ever after. 

My friend is now having a meet up this weekend in LA. My friend says she does not work and play in the same cities. It will be interesting to hear how it goes.

1 comment:

ChaChaneen said...

Awwww, it's great to be back online!! Our old computer crashed after 8 years, it lived a good life. ha ha But I'm sooo enjoying the new and faster one now... hee hee... but this keyboard is flat so there's no place for my fingernails to rest in. ha ha

This is a funny post, especially number 7! ha ha

Blessings,
Janeen