Saturday, April 23, 2011

Bad Friday, Good Sunday

First of all for those people who say Jesus was not crucified on a Friday and resurrected on a Sunday in April, so what? Who cares what day it really happened? Sometimes me and m gig a low's anniversary falls on a Tuesday. We celebrate it on Saturday. Or we may we wait to celebrate our anniversary for a month so we can take vacation. We are still celebrating our anniversary even though it is not really the right day.

"Good" Friday is the tradition to remind us of what happened to Jesus. For those who say Jesus did not rise again I am sorry for you, because for me it lets me know there is hope. That there is restoration, and reconciliation. 

I did not grow up in a Christian home, so I don't have any "good" Friday memories. But I have always wondered what was so good about being hung on a cross? I still don't think the day should be called "good" because Jesus was not having fun first being beating and humiliated, having nails impaled in his hands and feet so he could die a slow painful death.

So I guess the answer why is it called "good" Friday? If Jesus was not hung on the cross, there would be no resurrection. Without a resurrection we would have no hope.

Happy Easter - HE has risen!

No comments: