Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Storm

Have you ever felt as if your in a big storm? The earth quakes, the Tsunami waves are blasting you. You feel like your drowning? To many problem, to much stress.
Everything is out of control. Everything is going wrong. You start to get panicky. Here is something someone reminded me of, it was very helpful.
Jesus Calms the Storm
Matthew 8

23Then he got into the boat and his disciples followed him. 24Without warning, a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. 25The disciples went and woke him, saying, "Lord, save us! We're going to drown!"

26He replied, "You of little faith, why are you so afraid?" Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.

27The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!

Yes, me of little faith.

I just just see me as one of the disciples. I would of been the first to be screaming and jumping up and down. I would of been shaking Jesus, and thinking WHAT IS WRONG WITH HIM. HOW CAN HE SLEEP IN A TIME LIKE THIS. I might of even used a few expletives.

Yes, I believe Jesus can calm any storm, or if we (I) cling on to him, we (I) can feel calmer (safer) when we are in the storm.



No comments: