Sunday, July 12, 2009

Foothills


Yesterday I took my dad up to the foothills where my dad has a vacation home. One of my brothers lives down the hill from my dad. It was a great day. It was the first time he had really gone anywhere since his surgery.

On our way up to the foot hills my dad and I saw 5 hot air balloons. They were so magnificent with their bright colors, floating gracefully over the green crops. I realized how much I would love to go on a ride. Maybe someday,

My two brothers and nephew were putting up a new digital antenna at my dad's place. It was
HUDGE. We where all laughing because we think it should get tv stations from around the world. It started raining and so we joked that the antenna was going to become a lightning poll. My dad was the "go fer" he would get the tools when they asked. That made him happy.

I mostly stayed with my sister in law, we cooked and talked about her trip to a gold mining town where she stayed in a hunted bed and breakfast. She did not see any ghosts.

On the way home my dad told me how happy he was that he went.

I was zipping along at a good clip on the freeway until we got to the bridge. It came to a complete stop. I am not a big fan of driving over that bridge anyways. I keep looking down and seeing how choppy the water was. It was very windy. I wondered how many cars can the bridge hold before it crumbles and breaks. I was thinking of the bridge that broke in half during the last big earth quake. It took us 30 minuets just get get over the bridge. I did fine. No problem no cold sweats. We got home about 8:30. It was a great day.


No comments: