Friday, November 25, 2011

Mint 54

Dixie, Karna Page and I went to "Mint 54"
We started off with MOZZARELLA di BUFALA con PROSCIUTTO di PARMA-prosciutto and water buffalo mozzarella appetizer. I am in love with  buffalo mozzarella! OMGosh,  It was the very best appetizer I have ever had. It was delicious on the sour dough bread. 
Viva il rè!
Page and I had  RAVIOLI BURRO &; SALVIA-Home made ravioli with squash, amaretti cookie, nutmeg, served with butter and sage sauce. The ravioli pasta was fresh.  I was looking forward to tasting the amaretti cookie, but I could only taste it in one ravioli. The other raviolis tasted like unflavored squash. It was very bland. Sensazione di Sonnolenza!
Dixie had LASAGNA con RAGU’ di CARNE -Home made Lasagna with meat ragu. 
Dixie LOVED her lasagna. Dixie ate every last bite of it. None of us have ever seen Dixie eat everything on her plate.  That's Amore! 
Karna had  CANNELLONI di POLLO e SPINACI con RICOTTA e MOZZARELLA AFFUMICATA .  Home‐made cannelloni filled with chicken breast, ricotta & smoked mozzarella. Karna said it was very good. Sapido

For dessert I had the flourless chocolate cake YUCK, it tasted like it had prunes in it. It was dry.  Dalle Stelle alle Stalle
Karna had Tiramisu, she said it was the best she ever had. Capo d’opera Capo d’opera 
Page had the strawberry rhubarb "pie." My first thought was strawberries and rhubarb are both out of season.  It was more like strawberry rhubarb ginger bread. It seemed to be the shining star of desserts on our table. Bravissimo
I had a great time with good company! 
I want to give Mint 45 another try someday. 

No comments: