Saturday, November 12, 2011

Christians Stuck- Political Quandary

I hear many of my Christian friends say things like "I don't know what to do, Mitt Romney is a Mormon and a Republican, how can I vote for a Mormon"

Jesus was NOT a republican. He was NOT a Democrat either. 

You can vote for Mitt Romey if you want to.  You don't HAVE to. You can choose not to vote at all . You can vote for someone from the Green party or the Rock and Roll party. You are even allowed to vote Democrat.  You can write someone's name in. You can vote for me, the Dyslexic Reckless Quilter. That is why America is great! 

Jesus came to heal the sick, out political corruption, help women, show people it is wrong to steal from the poor or anyone else and feed the hungry. He came to save us from ourselves, despite ourselves. Jesus says "do you want to be healed?" He does not say You HAVE TO be healed.  He would not force you. I believe being a Christian is all about free choice.

To Many Christians -Have you forgotten about "Free Choice." If we don't follow God's plan won't we pay the natural consequences? I don't need you telling me, what I can and cannot think, say, do or vote for. I vote for who ever I think is best at the time, not along party lines.

I don't have to be the same as you and I can still be a Christian. I don't know how it is in other states, but in my part of California if you claim to be anything other than a republican, many Christians will tell you you are NOT a Christian. Many of my non- Republican friends are afraid to come out of the closet so to speak. They fear retribution from their church. That is ridiculous. 

I don't think the preacher should be preaching on who to vote for. That is an abuse of power. I don't follow the League of Women Voters or what the Chronicle says to vote for. I am a grown up and I can make my own educated choice.

It will be interesting to see that the die hard Christian republics will do next November if Mitt Romney is their only choice.

No comments: