Sunday, September 18, 2011

Harvest Festival Art and Crafts Show

Today I went with S-quilter and The Neighborhood Hero to the "Harvest Festival Art and Crafts Show." It cost $8.00 to park and $9.00 to get in. I only had to pay $7.00 because I brought a can of food for the food bank. Still, I don't feel you should have to pay to get into a crafts fair.

The truth is I go for the food and not the crafts. I spent most of my time drinking and tasting olive oils and vinegars. I like to drink it straight, not mess around with bread that will distract my taste buds. I ask the vendors 3 simple questions before I will even consider buying from them.
  1. Where do you get your balsamic vinegar? 
  2. How long is it aged?
  3. Where do you get your olives for your olive oil?
Today I was shocked to hear a vendor get insulted and said he had no idea how long the vinegar was aged. Shouldn't you know the product your selling??

One vendor had chocolate balsamic vinegar. EWWWWWW.

I like balsamic vinegar that has aged from 15 to 25 years.  The Balsamic's from the craft show averaged 11 to 12 years. Thats ok.

This is what I bought:
  • Lemon Splash Vinaigrette
  • Valencia Splash Vinaigrette
I bought these two vinaigrette's because they had this cute 20 something cowboy with a 10 gallon cowboy hat selling them. How could I resist? 

  • Very Berry Ginger Balsamic 
 http://www.tresclassique.com/index.html
  • Pomegranate Grenadine
  • Pomegranate Fruit Spread
  • Pomegranate Balsamic Grill Sauce 
http://www.skylakeranch.com/
  • Garlic Garni 
http://www.garlicfestival.com/detail.php?prodid=GS-GA2.8
I loved hanging out with S-quilter and the Neighborhood Hero! Anyways, when I got home the first thing I did was make a pomegranate"mixed" drink. I used 7-up, pomegranate grenadine and ice. Put it in the blender and make it into a slushy! YUM YUM GOOD!

I enjoyed my day!



No comments: