Sunday, October 4, 2009

Retreat Questions


This weekend I went to a "retreat" with the women of my former church. It was so much fun. Some of my Christian sisters found out about my blog so if any of you are reading this - Hi Sister, welcome to my blog.

Question 1
One sister asked "why would anyone care about what you write about?" You know the more I thought about it, the more I realized she was right. Why would you care? I was not insulted or hurt by that comment. I thought it was a good question. Because I like to write. I don't care if you don't want to read my blog, you don't have to. Many Christians (and maybe non Christians) like to journal. The only difference is my journal is public. I went on to tell my sister that I like to write because writing is my therapy. I don't have to pay $100.oo every time I want to get something off my chest. Some of you must be thinking well why don't you and the Lord just work things out? Why tell the whole world? If I want to keep a secret I don't write it on my blog.

Question #2
Why do "they" (whoever "they" is) call it a Retreat? Our "retreat" was in an upscales suburban
setting. What is the definition of retreat? To move back or withdrawal. Humm. Yes we were at the back of a road lined with multi million dollar houses. We went into withdrawals when we had to leave the beautiful neighborhood of Merlot Lane. Heck, I went to Starbucks while I was on this retreat. I won the taste challenge. Many people went shopping. The town of Wisteria is about 20 minutes from where I live if traffic is moving. You can go to Wisteria and go shopping anytime. Maybe some people never thought about driving all the way to Wisteria to go shopping. I thought you were suppose to withdraw from everyday life and spend some time with your friends and God when you were at a retreat. I have to say I did see some women actually reading their bible or hanging out with their sisters or both. Just not me. The truth is I wanted to stay in bed and relax all day. Do you think I could really do that? No way. It didn't happen.

Question 3
Why is it that some women don't like to flush?

That is all the questions I have for now. I have a huge amount of things to say about the retreat. I will tell you more this coming week. Now I am going to bed.

2 comments:

kayakerswife said...

I read your blog because you are a good writer. Your stories are funny (Sometimes serious) And I like a laugh to start or end my day. Keep it going.

ChaChaneen said...

I'm a reader and a writer like you my friend. Blogging has introduced me to new friends beyond this Wisteria town... Amen to that!