Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sunny California

Here it is the 5th of June.  The skies are gray, with low hanging clouds. They look so close to earth, it is as if you could reach up and touch them. We are having a downpour. This is very strange weather indeed. Next will be the mudslides. I am still waiting for the houses on the peninsula to slide on into the ocean.  The cherry crops will be gone now. Bummer.

I went to a wedding yesterday at my former church. The wedding was suppose to be outside, but we had a torrential rain just like today. So they move it inside. It was so good to see my old friends. I miss them. I have not been able to make any new connections at my "new" church. I finally made my peace with one of the staff at the former church. We had a good conversation. I am happy about that! 

The bride and groom looked so young. You can't help but think of your own wedding. All the hopes and dream... now thinking how jaded you are. They had this cute little booth with a table and a sign that said "love is sweet." The table had a large assortment of candy you could serve yourself. The biggest jar was full of suckers. So of course I thought they should change the sign to say "love sucks" or "your a sucker if you get married." I can't help but be a little sarcastic. 

The pastor said this to the groom, see the radiance your bride has now, if that ever goes away, there is only one person to blame, that's you. Wow thats heavy Pastor. I liked it all the same. 

The best man who is going to preacher college told us that the groom taught him how to "show his tits" while the groom was at preacher college. It was funny to watch everyones mouth hit the floor.

The brides mother looked glamours! She had a beautiful purple dress that showed off all her best assets. She almost out shined the bride. She looked as if she should of been on the red carpet going to a movie opening. 

They had a buffet style dinner that included mixed green salad with blue berries with a raspberry vinaigrette, pulled pork sandwiches, baked beans and fruit kabobs. It was delicious. 

I had a great time!

No comments: