Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Quilters Taliban

Yesterday I went to the quilt show.
The QT (Quilters Taliban) were out enforcing THE LAW.
Beware of the Q T. They are in disguise. They may look like sweet quilting church ladies or soccer moms. In reality they are heavily armed militants. It seems to me in the bay area we have a heavy infiltration of Q T. Maybe they are everywhere not just in California.

The first thing that happened was my friend and I were standing line to get in. (Cost $6.00) I had to go to the restroom so I got out of line and came back. I thought there was going to be a riot. The Q T started accosting me telling me to go to the end of the line, one Q T said she should go in front of me because it was cold outside and I took cuts. Their heads were spinning and there eyes were rolling to the back of their heads. My friend said "I will pay your way in so you do not get beat up." I said are you kidding, I stood my ground. Once the doors opened it was like a stampede. The Q T had to be first so they could spread out to make sure everyone was going to follow the law. Thankfully my friend and I made it in safely.


The next thing that happened my friend and I where looking at the quilts on display. I overheard a leader of a Q T platoon saying, "we will not vote for any quilt that the quilter did not quilt themselves" the others in the group said "yes your right, a quilt is not worthy endless they did it all themselves" That was all I needed to hear. I was ready to get out of there. The Q T were calling all the shots. The quilts on display were beautiful I do not care who quilted them. If you are one of the Q T, please realize you are not God's gift to all quilters.

1 comment:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Yes....yes...yes.....we have a small quilt show here in the early fall....and the OT's are out in force!!!.....This year Mom and i left early without buying a thing!!! I felt sorry for the vendors that a traveled some distance to be here....i'm telling you....."it started at the front door!"

Oh golly....i'll hear from the mountain QT's and be banned next year....!!!

Enjoy......LindaMay